Wednesday 29 February 2012

Pop Phreak: The TARDIS - Time Machines, Part 2



“Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do then I should warn you, you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past; Aliens from the future; the day the Earth died in a ball of flame; It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: the trip of a lifetime.” – The Ninth Doctor (Christopher Eccleston)


Okay, okay, I know the TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension In Space) from the BBC scifi series Doctor Who isn’t exactly modeled on a phone booth but rather a British police box.  It should be noted that there is a phone in these police box that can be accessed from the outside for the public to use to contact the police and, from what I’m told on Wikipedia, the inside is like a mini-police station.


The magic of the TARDIS, other than being a time travelling spaceship, is that although the outside is a plain police box, the inside is a spawling estate with an unbelievable amount of rooms.  Supposedly, the word "TARDIS" is now used to describe anything that seems to be bigger on the inside than on the outside.  I wish I could use it to describe my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment